The Hurricane Matthew Disaster Recovery and Resilience Initiative (HMDRRI) involves the university engagement of faculty and students as well as professional planning experts in addressing community and state-level needs associated with recovery from Hurricane Matthew. The initiative’s objectives are to:
- Serve as point of contact for UNC faculty, students and staff to help the state address a range of policy and technical issues as identified.
- Engage with select communities to assist them identify local needs and help them develop post-disaster recovery plans.
Members of the Initiative would like to thank the following organizations for their gracious support of our work through funding, staff support, data, office space and other resources:
- North Carolina Policy Collaboratory
- North Carolina Division of Emergency Management
- North Carolina State Legislature
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology Directorate
Without their support, we would not be able to provide a sustained level of assistance to the six communities described throughout this website.
Find contact information and submit questions on this page.